LEATHER SHORTS + RED LIPS

6.26.2013










Shorts: Urban Outfitters (sold out, similar here and one sale!!!) // Tank: H&M // Shoes: Target (similar here) // Necklace: TJ Maxx (similar here) // Sunglasses: Steve Madden c/o TJ Maxx (old, similar here) // Lipstick: Revlon

 I have been looking for a pair of leather shorts for so long and this high-waisted pair from Urban Outfitters did the trick for me. Many times a designer will try to put two trends in the same piece and it doesn't work (i.e. heels + sneakers...sorry for those of you who are fans I just cannot get behind that one). High-waisted shorts + leather, on the other hand, totally works. Maybe it's just me, but wearing leather makes me feel like a rockstar. Lame I know, haha. I love the glamorous feeling of a red lip, and I really liked the combination of a simple black and white outfit with a pop of red. I kept the look simple with a white tank and these amazing black and white ankle-strap heels from Target. Sometimes I walk into Target and am totally amazed by some of the pieces they have and for so little money. I also love the accent of the gold platform on the bottom of the shoe, so I carried that through the look with my gold wishbone necklace. I finished the outfit with some aviators and messy waves in my hair. It was so hot when I finished taking these pictures I threw on my brand new one piece swimsuit and jumped in the pool! I took pictures of the suit as well, so I'll put those up tomorrow! I hope you guys enjoy the look! Leave your thoughts in the comments below! 



10 comments :

  1. I cannot believe those shoes are from Target! So cute

    http://loveormoneyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! when i saw them I think my jaw may have literally dropped haha x

      Delete
  2. amazing outfit!!! girl you look stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the high waisted shorts and the sunglasses, they look great :)

    emmzielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy in the summer:)

    https://www.facebook.com/TheSecretSto?ref=hl

    www.thesecretstop.com

    ReplyDelete